Upgrading of Hoima - Butiaba - Wanseko road project (111KM) package 11 gravel to Bituminous standards.
MetadataShow full item record
The 111Km Hoima Butiaba Wanseko road project lies under package II of the oil roads and it is part of the government effort of improving the road network within the country as well as connect the North western part of the country to the national road grid. This in the end is aimed to ensure that the road network is good for efficient exploration and transportation of oil. The Contract for upgrading to bituminous standard of Hoima - Butiaba – Wanseko (111km) from gravel to paved (Bituminous) Standard is funded by Government of Uganda and Exim Bank of China through a pre-financing arrangement which was signed on 18th January 2018 between Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA) acting on behalf of Government and Chongqing International Construction Corporation (CICO) Ltd. The project commencement date was 16th April 2018 and is expected to be completed in 36 months. The UNRA Construction and Supervision Unit carried out the design review and is now conducting the supervision of works. The value of the Civil Works Contract is USD 179,538,545.59 with a contract duration of 36 months and 12 months defects liability period. The project is on an existing gravel road which is to be upgraded to a paved bituminous standard comprising of a carriageway width of 7.00m and shoulder width of 2.0m on either side. The carriageway and shoulders will both have an asphalt concrete surfacing. It is segmented into two sections namely; 30% (33Km) to which was completed in March 2020 in accordance to the contract requirements and the remaining 70% (78Km) all to be completed within the project time. Emphasis here is more on the completed 30%.